Friday, March 4, 2011

Waiting at Newark...

My flight from Richmond got here a half-hour ahead of schedule.  I've been chilling in Newark for almost 4 hours.  The flight to Madrid is listed as on time, and hopefully it will stay that way.

While I was changing dollars for euros, I met a woman and her young daughter (5 or 6 years old maybe?) on their way back to Cincinnati from a trip to Bogotá, Colombia.  When I told them I was going to Spain, she asked, «¿Habla español?» and I replied with a nice «Un poco.»  It occurred to me that I should start practicing a few sentences to make sure when I land in Madrid tomorrow I'm not too rusty.  The little girl, the mother told me, knew Spanish and French, and the little girl chuckled when I said with a semi-convincing French accent, "Je ne parle un mot de francais!"

A flight to Copenhagen's just been moved to our gate, getting ready to board in about ten minutes-- lots of German ringing in my ears!  I should probably double-check my own flight, though we've still got a couple of hours before we'll be taking off.

I'll post again from España!  

¡Hasta presto!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment